- 1115 (1555) total yards of laceweight wool yarn
3 (4) skeins of Vale (100% American Rambouillet wool; 450 yards/50 grams)
- Large shawl photographed in color Sashiko
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 22 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- One 12-stitch repeat from Chart B or C measures approximately 2¼” wide
- 18 stitches & 22 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- One 12-stitch repeat from Chart B or C measures approximately 2¾” wide
Note: Finished width of repeat will vary once shawl is blocked into circular shape.
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Small Shawl suggested size: 3 mm (US 2½)
- Large Shawl suggested size: 4½ mm (US 7)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., the center of the shawl). If using only circular needles for knitting the shawl, you will require one spare DPN for working attached edging.
- Small Shawl: 44″ [112 cm] diameter (including edging)
- Large Shawl: 63½” [161.5 cm] diameter (including edging)