Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle† and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. Sleeves).
†Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast on method on your swatch.