BT Collection Wool People 12
Astoria is a visually delicate yet substantial layer dotted with eyelet motifs and traveling cables reminiscent of nautical rope. Knit in Arbor Astoria tethers one to both the open sea and the gentle beach — dense and protective against the sea spray, but also comfortable to wear while viewing the lulling current close to shore.
This garment is worked in pieces from the bottom up, then sewn together. The rib collar is picked up and worked after the shoulders are seamed. The cable and eyelet motifs are worked from charts only.
- 11 (12, 14, 15, 17, 19) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Thaw
- 1595 (1735, 1930, 2135, 2395, 2645) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 30 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in chart patterns, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed.
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 36½ (38½, 41½, 45, 49, 53½)” [92.5 (98, 105.5, 114.5, 124.5, 136) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: +4–5″ [10–12.5 cm]
- Sample shown in size 38½” [98 cm] with 6½” [16.5 cm] ease on mode