Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Yoke Chart and Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Due to significant variance among knitters, your Yoke Chart fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether this needle size should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A.
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).